National Advisory Committee (NAC)
The National Advisory Committee (NAC) of the Department of Veterans Affairs Voluntary Service (VAVS) was established by VA Circular No. 117, May 17, 1947, and became a federally chartered advisory committee on February 5, 1975. The Committee advises the Under Secretary for Health on matters pertaining to the participation of volunteers in VA medical facilities, assists in recruitment and orientation of volunteers, and keeps the officers and members of participating organizations informed of volunteer needs and accomplishments.
Annual Meeting and Conference
The 71st Annual VA Voluntary Service (VAVS) National Advisory Committee Meeting and Conference will be held April 19-21, in Tampa, Florida. The host hotel for the meeting is the Tampa Hilton Downtown at 211 N. Tampa Street, Tampa, Florida, 33602.
70th Annual Meeting and Conference Materials and Presentations
- 70th Annual National Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
- Fall 2015 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
- 69th Annual National Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
Forms and Quarterly Reports
Service Member Organizations
- American Gold Star Mothers
- American Legion, The
- American Legion Auxiliary
- American Red Cross
- AMVETS Auxiliary
- Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks
- Blinded Veterans Association
- Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc.
- Disabled American Veterans
- Disabled American Veterans Auxiliary
- Forty and Eight
- Jewish War Veterans of the USA
- Knights of Columbus
- Korean War Veterans Association
- Ladies Auxiliary, Military Order of the Purple Heart of the U.S.A., Inc.
- Marine Corps League
- Marine Corps League Auxiliary
- Masonic Service Association of North America, The
- Military Order of the Cootie
- Military Order of the Cootie Auxiliary
- Military Order of the Purple Heart of the U.S.A., Inc.
- Military Women Across the Nation
- National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
- National Society Sons of the American Revolution
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Polish Legion of American Veterans, U.S.A.
- Salvation Army, The
- Soldiers’ Angels
- Sons of the American Legion
- United Daughters of the Confederacy
- United Veterans Services
- Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary
- Vietnam Veterans of America, Inc.
Associate Service Member Organizations
- American Ex-Prisoners of War
- Catholic War Veterans
- Catholic War Veterans Auxiliary
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War, (1861-1865)
- Fleet Reserve Association
- Gold Star Wives of America, Inc.
- I.B.P.O Elks of the World, Inc.
- Ladies Auxiliary to the Polish Legion of American Veterans, U.S.A.
- National Ladies Auxiliary, Jewish War Veterans of the U.S.A.
- National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century
- United Auto Workers
- Women's Army Corps Veterans Association
Donor Member Organizations
- Bowlers to Veterans Link (BVL), Inc., The
- Veterans Voices Writing Project, Inc.
- Ladies Auxiliary of the Fleet Reserve Association
- Sons of AMVETS
- Women Marines Association