National Advisory Committee (NAC)
The National Advisory Committee (NAC) of the Department of Veterans Affairs Voluntary Service (VAVS) was established by VA Circular No. 117, May 17, 1947, and became a federally chartered advisory committee on February 5, 1975. The Committee advises the Under Secretary for Health on matters pertaining to the participation of volunteers in VA medical facilities, assists in recruitment and orientation of volunteers, and keeps the officers and members of participating organizations informed of volunteer needs and accomplishments.
The 73rd Annual VA Voluntary Service (VAVS) National Advisory Committee Meeting and Conference will be held May 1-3, 2019 in San Antonio, Texas. The host hotel for the meeting is the Omni San Antonio at the Colonnade at 9821 Colonnade Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78230.
- American Gold Star Mothers
- American Legion, The
- American Legion Auxiliary
- American Red Cross
- AMVETS Auxiliary
- Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks
- Blinded Veterans Association
- Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc.
- Disabled American Veterans
- Disabled American Veterans Auxiliary
- Forty and Eight
- Jewish War Veterans of the USA
- Knights of Columbus
- Korean War Veterans Association
- Marine Corps League
- Marine Corps League Auxiliary
- Masonic Service Association of North America, The
- Military Order of the Cootie
- Military Order of the Cootie Auxiliary
- Military Order of the Purple Heart Auxiliary
- Military Order of the Purple Heart of the U.S.A., Inc.
- Military Women Across the Nation
- National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
- National Society Sons of the American Revolution
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Polish Legion of American Veterans, U.S.A.
- Salvation Army, The
- Soldiers’ Angels
- Sons of the American Legion
- United Daughters of the Confederacy
- United Veterans Services
- Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary
- Vietnam Veterans of America, Inc.