National Advisory Committee (NAC)
The National Advisory Committee (NAC) of the Department of Veterans Affairs Voluntary Service (VAVS) was established by VA Circular No. 117, May 17, 1947, and became a federally chartered advisory committee on February 5, 1975. The Committee advises the Under Secretary for Health on matters pertaining to the participation of volunteers in VA medical facilities, assists in recruitment and orientation of volunteers, and keeps the officers and members of participating organizations informed of volunteer needs and accomplishments.
Annual Meeting and Conference
The 70th Annual VA Voluntary Service (VAVS) National Advisory Committee Meeting and Conference will be held May 3-6, 2016, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The host hotel for the meeting is the Albuquerque Marriott at 2101 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87110.
69th Annual Meeting and Conference Presentations
- New Representative/Deputy & New VAVS Staff Training - Joseph Dooley & Colonel Charles Gallina
- Advisory Committee Roles & Responsibilities - Jeff Moragne
- Recruitment Subcommittee Report - Colonel Charles Gallina
- Membership Subcommittee Report - Del Turner
- 150th Anniversary: VA Celebrates Its Civil War Roots - Darlene Richardson
- VAVS and Its Impact - 2013 TCF Trainees
- VA Voluntary Service Report - Sabrina Clark
- Leadership Through Service - Melissa Heinlein & Deborah Brookshire
- Cultural Competency - Dr. John Fuller & Antony Washington
- Starting the Conversation - Todd Livick
- Partnering in VHAs Whole Health Approach to Care - Janet Vertrees
- 68th Annual National Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
- Fall 2014 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
Forms and Quarterly Reports
- Membership Requirements
- VHA 37 Part 1 Quarterly Report - 4th Quarter, FY 2014
- VHA 37 Part 1 Quarterly Report - 2nd Quarter, FY 2015
Service Member Organizations
- American Ex-Prisoners of War
- American Gold Star Mothers
- American Legion, The
- American Legion Auxiliary
- American Red Cross
- AMVETS Auxiliary
- Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks
- Blinded Veterans Association
- Disabled American Veterans
- Disabled American Veterans Auxiliary
- Forty and Eight
- Jewish War Veterans of the USA
- Knights of Columbus
- Korean War Veterans Association
- Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S., Inc.
- Ladies Auxiliary, Military Order of the Purple Heart of the U.S.A., Inc.
- Marine Corps League
- Marine Corps League Auxiliary
- Masonic Service Association of North America, The
- Military Order of the Cootie
- Military Order of the Cootie Auxiliary
- Military Order of the Purple Heart of the U.S.A., Inc.
- Military Women Across the Nation
- National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
- National Society Sons of the American Revolution
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Sons of the American Legion
- Salvation Army, The
- United Veterans Services
- Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S.
- Vietnam Veterans of America, Inc.
Associate Service Member Organizations
- Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc.
- Catholic War Veterans
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War, (1861-1865)
- Fleet Reserve Association
- Gold Star Wives of America, Inc.
- Ladies Auxiliary of the Fleet Reserve Association
- Ladies Auxiliary to the Polish Legion of American Veterans, U.S.A.
- National Ladies Auxiliary, Jewish War Veterans of the U.S.A.
- National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century
- Polish Legion of American Veterans, U.S.A.
- Soldiers’ Angels
- United Auto Workers
Donor Member Organizations
- Air Compassion for Veterans
- Bowlers to Veterans Link (BVL), Inc., The
- Hospitalized Veterans Writing Project
- Silver Star Families of America, The
- Catholic War Veterans Auxiliary
- I.B.P.O Elks of the World, Inc.
- Sons of AMVETS
- Women's Army Corps Veterans Association
- Women Marines Association