National Advisory Committee (NAC)
The National Advisory Committee (NAC) of the Department of Veterans Affairs Voluntary Service (VAVS) was established by VA Circular No. 117, May 17, 1947, and became a federally chartered advisory committee on February 5, 1975. The Committee advises the Under Secretary for Health on matters pertaining to the participation of volunteers in VA medical facilities, assists in recruitment and orientation of volunteers, and keeps the officers and members of participating organizations informed of volunteer needs and accomplishments.
Annual Meeting and Conference
The 69th Annual VA Voluntary Service (VAVS) National Advisory Committee Meeting and Conference will be held April 22-24, 2015, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The host hotel for the meeting is the Albuquerque Marriott at 2101 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87110.
69th Annual Meeting and Conference Presentations
- New Representative/Deputy & New VAVS Staff Training - Joseph Dooley & Colonel Charles Gallina
- Leadership Through Service - Melissa Heinlein & Deborah Brookshire
- Starting the Conversation - Todd Livick
- Handout - A Guide to Creating a Communication Plan - Todd Livick
- Partnering in VHAs Whole Health Approach to Care - Janet Vertrees
- 67th Annual National Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
- Fall 2013 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
- 68th Annual National Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
Forms and Quarterly Reports
- Membership Requirements
- VHA 37 Part 1 Quarterly Report - 4th Quarter, FY 2014
- VHA 37 Part 1 Quarterly Report - 2nd Quarter, FY 2015
Service Member Organizations
- American Ex-Prisoners of War
- American Gold Star Mothers
- American Legion, The
- American Legion Auxiliary
- American Red Cross
- AMVETS Auxiliary
- Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks
- Blinded Veterans Association
- Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc.
- Disabled American Veterans
- Disabled American Veterans Auxiliary
- Forty and Eight
- Jewish War Veterans of the U.S.A.
- Knights of Columbus
- Korean War Veterans Association
- Ladies Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S.
- Ladies Auxiliary, Military Order of the Purple Heart of the U.S.
- Marine Corps League
- Marine Corps League Auxiliary
- Masonic Service Association of North America, The
- Military Order of the Cootie
- Military Order of the Cootie Auxiliary
- Military Order of the Purple Heart of the U.S.A., Inc.
- Military Women Across the Nation
- National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
- National Society Sons of the American Revolution
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Polish Legion of American Veterans, U.S.A.
- Sons of the American Legion
- Salvation Army, The
- United Veterans Services
- Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S.
- Vietnam Veterans of America, Inc.
Associate Service Member Organizations
- Catholic War Veterans
- Catholic War Veterans Ladies' Auxiliary
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Fleet Reserve Association
- Gold Star Wives of America, Inc.
- Ladies Auxiliary of the Fleet Reserve Association
- Ladies Auxiliary to the Polish Legion of American Veterans, U.S.A.
- National Ladies Auxiliary, Jewish War Veterans of the U.S.A.
- National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century
- Soldiers’ Angels
- United Auto Workers
- United Daughters of the Confederacy
- Women's Army Corps Veterans Association
Donor Member Organizations
- Air Compassion for Veterans
- Bowlers to Veterans Link (BVL), Inc., The
- Hospitalized Veterans Writing Project
- Silver Star Families of America, The
- Sons of AMVETS
- I.B.P.O Elks of the World, Inc.
- Women Marines Association