National Advisory Committee (NAC)
The National Advisory Committee (NAC) of the Department of Veterans Affairs Voluntary Service (VAVS) was established by VA Circular No. 117, May 17, 1947, and became a federally chartered advisory committee on February 5, 1975. The Committee advises the Under Secretary for Health on matters pertaining to the participation of volunteers in VA medical facilities, assists in recruitment and orientation of volunteers, and keeps the officers and members of participating organizations informed of volunteer needs and accomplishments.
The 72nd Annual VA Voluntary Service (VAVS) National Advisory Committee Meeting and Conference will be held April 9-13, 2018 in Tampa, Florida. The host hotel for the meeting is the Tampa Hilton Downtown at 211 N. Tampa Street, Tampa, Florida, 33602.
71st Annual Meeting and Conference Materials and Presentations
- 71st Annual National Advisory Committee Meeting and Conference Booklet
- Fall 2016 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
- 70th Annual National Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
- Fall 2015 Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
- 69th Annual National Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
- American Gold Star Mothers
- American Legion, The
- American Legion Auxiliary
- American Red Cross
- AMVETS Auxiliary
- Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks
- Blinded Veterans Association
- Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc.
- Disabled American Veterans
- Disabled American Veterans Auxiliary
- Forty and Eight
- Jewish War Veterans of the USA
- Knights of Columbus
- Korean War Veterans Association
- Marine Corps League
- Marine Corps League Auxiliary
- Masonic Service Association of North America, The
- Military Order of the Cootie
- Military Order of the Cootie Auxiliary
- Military Order of the Purple Heart Auxiliary
- Military Order of the Purple Heart of the U.S.A., Inc.
- Military Women Across the Nation
- National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
- National Society Sons of the American Revolution
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Polish Legion of American Veterans, U.S.A.
- Salvation Army, The
- Soldiers’ Angels
- Sons of the American Legion
- United Daughters of the Confederacy
- United Veterans Services
- Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary
- Vietnam Veterans of America, Inc.
- Catholic War Veterans Auxiliary
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War, (1861-1865)
- Fleet Reserve Association
- Gold Star Wives of America, Inc.
- I.B.P.O Elks of the World, Inc.
- Ladies Auxiliary to the Polish Legion of American Veterans, U.S.A.
- Women’s Army Corps Veterans Association